Sunday, June 1, 2008

Second Cousin

and I mean that in the roots and branches sense, not quantitatively.

On Tuesday, two days before scheduled arrival, Cousins Shane and Tara welcomed their first son into the world, labeling him Elijah Idontknowhismiddlename Breaux.
They're going to call him Eli.
He joins his sisters Darby and Lillian, and new additions Riley and Caroline, in the "Kids Who I Will Entertain At Family Holidays Until My Back Gets Sore Club."

Judging by his initial vitals, he'll be a major culprit in any back soreness.

Ol' boy tipped the scales at 8 lbs 15 ozs and stretched to 21.75 inches.
To me, that is humongous, seeing as how it is nearly 3 lbs heavier than Riley was at birth, 4 ounces less than Riley was at 6 weeks, and 3/4 of an inch LONGER than Riley was at 6 weeks.

When we went to the hospital to see them, Riley was crying, but I lovingly got him to stop.
I simply told him that were were going back to the place we had gotten him from, and if he didn't stop crying we were just going to leave him there. Being pretty smart for a two month old, he got the message and got his act straight.

I'm sure Shane would like a son to be able to crawl up under the Corvette to help with maintenance, but by the time Eli is old enough to crawl, I don't know that he'll fit.

Congrats to them. Wish we could send 'em some hand me downs, but their kid will be bigger than ours by next week. Oh well. Everyone is healthy, and that's what matters.

Here's the new guy, with his sister Lillian.

eli & Lillian

No comments: