Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Other Changes

Of course the biggest change coming up in our lives right now is the addition of a kid to the family. I've heard that is pretty drastic.

That isn't the only major change though.
As some of you know already, after two and a half years, I will be leaving Briney and Foret in the next couple of weeks.

Sometime after Easter I will be joining the firm of Saloom and Saloom, founded by Judge Kaliste Saloom Jr. back in 1945.

The firm does a variety of stuff from personal injury to wills and estates, civil, criminal, corporate, banking and military law. It's going to be a great opportunity to explore a whole lot of different law.

On the litigation end of things I'll be working for the plaintiff side instead of the defense side, which I'm looking forward to.

If you're ever down at the parish courthouse (that's the not pretty one), whether for jury duty or because you are a criminal, pop over across the street and say Hi.

I want to thank everyone at B&F for their help and friendship over the last 2 years. I'll miss the great people here.

I must give special thanks to my awesome secretary, Nicole, who has balanced being a great secretary with beating that mean old cancer in the last year, and done both very well. So, if you are doing the Race for the Cure this weekend, and decorating yourself up with those pink signs, be sure to add Nicole H. to your sign. She deserves the recognition.

No comments: